Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Specialist in Reston & Annandale, VA
The highly trained OBGYNs at Virginia Women's Health Associates have extensive experience diagnosing and treating women throughout the Reston and Annandale area for heavy periods. Call (703) 435-2555 to request a consultation with a women's health specialist today!
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
What is Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle - they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events1
- About 80% report avoiding sex1
- 33% have been forced to miss work2
- 77% have depression or moodiness1
- 75% feel anxious2
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period1
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center. Survey of women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding. Data on file; 2005.
- Cooper J, et al. A randomized, multicenter trial of safety and efficacy of the NovaSure system in the treatment of menorrhagia. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002; 9:418-428.
Request a Consultation for Heavy Period Treatment
If you are experiencing heavy periods and are in need of treatment, contact Virginia Women's Health Associates at (703) 435-2555 to request an appointment at our OBGYN office in Annandale or Reston, VA today!